1. Project Name: HA LAM INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
2. Project target
+ Contribution to the transfer of economic structure to fasten the development of industry, small scale industry and service based on developing agriculture and forestry.
+ Calling for foreign and domestic investors to invest in industrial complex.
3. Investment Form
4. Investment scale
Total estimated investment capital:
- Project of building Ha Lam Industrial Complex infrastructure: VND 65 billion.
- Project of industrial production: Depend on type and scale of each project.
Land area: 66.60 ha
- Project of building Industrial Complex infrastructure: main roads (with 26.50 m in width) link National Road No. 20 Internal road (with 19.5 m in width), water supply with capacity of 3,320 m3/day, public light systems; 04 transformers (02 with 500 kVA, 01 with 250 kVA and 01 with 75 kVA. Communications is available; 4,000 m of line will be built.
- Projects of industrial production: Depend on type and scale of each project.
Labor Demand: Depend on the need of each project. Employee will be provided by neighboring area and locality.
5. Project Duration (year), Implementation plan of Project
Project of building Ha Lam Industrial Complex infrastructure: 05 years
Implementation plan: 02 phases
- 2009 - 2010: Premises clearance, Building some essential infrastructure.
- 2011- 2015: Finishing essential infrastructure construction.
Project of industrial production: 50 years
The Implementation plan of project depends on investors.
6. Foundation to build project
Advantages for a successful project:
- Advantage place with convenient terrains for long-term industrial plants (tea, coffee, mulberry) and Agriculture products processing industry, for hydro-power plant. The locality has abundant labor source, rich material source.
Foundation of Law and Legal document
- Resolution No 50/QD-UBND dated May 29, 2008 on the master plan of socio-economic development of Da Houai district in 2020.
- Development Plan of Lam Dong Industry Sector from 2002 - 2010.
- Decision No 2668/QD-UBND dated 23 September, 2005 of Lam Dong Peoples Committee on the detailed plan of building Ha Lam industrial Complex, Da Houai district, Lam Dong province.
7. Project site
- Address: Hamlet 4, Ha Lam Commune, Da Houai district Lam Dong Province. It has an are of 65.8 ha, close to National Road No. 20, 145 km from Ho Chi Minh City, about 155 km far away from Da Lat, 05 km from Da M'ri Townlet.
- Project Map.
8. Infrastructure at site
Including main articles as follows:
Kinds of land: land for industry
- Factory land: 52.21 ha (78.40%)
- Land for managed center and trade service: 1.06 ha (1.59%)
- Technical land: 3.25 ha (4.88%)
- Traffic land: 6.79 ha (10.20%)
- Land for Green trees: 3.29 ha
Situation: in progress of ground clearance
Construction quality: Construction site is the fourth level infrastructure.
Transportation: roads (connect to key economic zones in the South) in good condition. Close to Da M're rivers. Provincial road 721 connecting Lam Dong - Binh Phuoc and Provincial Road 713 is connecting Da Huoai - Binh Thuan, Creating a new economic triangle: Binh Phuoc - Da Huoai - Binh Thuan.
- The locality has favorable conditions for exchanging trade, economic development and industry development that makes Ha Lam Industrial complex develops conveniently.
- Transportation cost per km: VND 3,000 /1 ton
Internet, Phone lines are available and convenient.
Power source: In the first phase, there are some consumption activities (14MVA), electricity is received from the 22kv- power lines along Road No. 20. More transformers will be stalled in the future (capacity 110/22kv- 16(25) MVA), an area of land called KT.I will be used for the 110 KV transformer in future.
Available water source: from Da M're river at the Southeast of the investment site, pump station will be stalled at the river. Raw water source will be led to water treatment station by Pipe line D 200.
Waste treatment system/Water treatment system
Plan of building waste water treatment system has been approved. Waste water from factories must be treated at level C before letting out to main ditch. After being processed waste water must reach level B TCVN 5945-1995, then waste water will be treated one more time before being released to nature through Da M're river.
9. Market for product and services
- Project of building Ha Lam Industrial Complex infrastructure: Easy to attract investors form Viet Nam and foreign countries because the locality has a lot of preference in tax, land lease...
- Projects of industrial production: The cost production is lower than other place because of cheaper expense of input material and work force. That is an advantage competition.
10. Available input for project in domestic and foreign market
Farm product: the area of plants in 2010 is stable. Fruit plants: 2.700 ha with average output of 7.8-8 ton/ha; cashew: 5,100 ha; sugar cane: 600 ha with output of 85 - 90 tons/ha.
Forestry product: the locality has rich sources of material from forest. Mineral resources: Granit, Bentonite, Kaolin which can be exploited to develop mining industry and material industry.
11. Ability to supply work force for project
- The local work force and neighboring area are enough to supply to projects. However, it is able to attract the work force from neighboring area.
- Vocational schools are not available. However, short-term courses can be organized to train and supply skill labor to the projects.
12 Preference Investments
The investor who rent the land from the State and have the investment projects in preferential field in conformity with list in appendix II promulgated in conjunction with Decree No 108 will be exempted and reduced land and water surface rent according to the Law on land and Decree No 142/2005/ND-CP dated November 14th, 2005.
- Projects which invest in Bao Loc town is exempted from land and water surface rent in 7 years counting from the day the building is finished and is being for use.
- Projects which invest in others district in Lam Dong (except Da Lat and Bao loc city) is exempted from land and water surface rent in 11 years counting from the day the building is finished and is being for use.
b. Business Income Tax
Business Income Tax rate: 25%.
Projects which invest in field and location in preferential investment according to the list in appendix promulgated in conjunction with Decree No 124/2008/ND-CP dated December 11th, 2008 will be exempted and reduced Business Income Tax according to Law on Business Income Tax. The details are as follow:
+ Tax rate incentives: (Stipulated in Article 15 - Decree No 124)
- The incentive tax rate of 10% for 15 years is applicable to
* New enterprises established under investment projects in geographical areas with extreme socio-economic difficulties (Districts in Lam Dong Province).
* New enterprises established under investment projects in the domains of:
- High technology as prescribed by law; scientific research and technological development;
- Development of water plants, power plants, water supply and drainage systems; bridges, roads, railways; airports, seaports, river ports; airfields, stations and other infrastructure works of special importance as decided by the Prime Minister;
- Manufacture of software products.
- The tax rate of 10% is applicable to incomes of enterprises operating in education-training, vocational training, healthcare, cultural, sports and environmental domains (below collectively referred to as socialized domains) throughout their operation duration.
The Prime Minister shall promulgate a list of socialized domains mentioned in this Clause.
- The incentive tax rate of 20% for 10 years is applicable to new enterprises established under investment projects in geographical areas with socio-economic difficulties (Bao Loc City - Lam Dong Province).
- The incentive tax rate of 20% is applicable to agricultural service cooperatives and people's credit funds throughout their operation duration
After the expiration of the duration for application of the tax rate of 10% specified at Point a, Clause 1 of this Article, agricultural service cooperatives and people's credit funds shall switch to enjoy the tax rate of 20%.
The duration for application of incentive tax rates specified in this Article is counted consecutively from the first year an enterprise has turnover from activities eligible for tax incentives.
+ Tax exemption and reduction: (Stipulated in Article 16 - Decree No 124)
Tax exemption for 4 years and 50% reduction of payable tax amounts for 9 subsequent years are applicable to:
- New enterprises established under investment projects specified in Clause 1, Article 15 of this Decree;
- New enterprises operating in socialized domains in geographical areas in Bao Loc City and Districts of Lam Dong Province.
c. Import - Export Tax:
Projects which invest in field and location in preferential investment according to the list in appendix I, II promulgated in conjunction with Decree No 108 will benefit incentive import-export tax according to Law on Import-Export Tax, The details are as follow:
- Projects which invest in field and location in preferential investment according to the list in appendix promulgated in conjunction with Decree No 108 will be exempted import-export tax with import goods to create fixed assets in the processing of setting up enterprise.
- Seed, livestock are allowed to import to implement the investment project.
d. Preferential policies:
Investors who carry out investment projects in Lam Dong organize vocational training for localities will be helped with funds to train workers according to Decision No 64/2009/QĐ-UBND dated July 7th, 2009 signed by Lam Dong Peoples Committee.
The details are as follow:
*. Training in the enterprises:
- Support levels: VND 200,000 per month;
- The maximum time support: according to the training program and the course does not exceed 06 months.
*. Sending workers to retrain in other enterprises or follow the training contract with the vocational training bodies:
- Support levels: VND 300,000/person/month;
- Time support:
+ Training at primary level in vocational schools, training centers or training in other enterprises: The time specified in the certificates or certificates for completion the courses; the training does not exceed six (06) months;
+ Training of vocational secondary level, twenty (20) months;
+ Training college career: thirty (30) months.
*. Additional support for the enterprises is VND 100,000/person/ month for the following training subjects:
- Ethnic minorities;
- Poverty households (poverty granted);
- Soldiers, police demobilization;
- The disabled;
- Workers in communes, villages and hamlets in the region III in the list of areas under Program 135 Phase 2 and the communes, rural poverty is over 30% last year.
13. Social Effect of Project
Different project give different social-economic effect. When investing in any project, investors will not only get the profit for themselves but also contribute benefit to society such as:
- Contributing to the calling for investment project, Giving an impetus to the development of local socio-economy.
- Limiting environment pollution, Contributing to develop the ecology of the forest in the stable & permanent way.
- Creating new jobs, reducing jobless, raising income for a part of community especially the ethnic group,
- Raising Local State Budget.
14. Viet Nam Partner, Investor of Project
Lam Dong Trade and Industry Department
Add: 02 - 04 Nguyen Viet Xuan, Da Lat
15. Procedures for the issue of investment certification
- The Peoples Committee of District arranges investment location for projects of which the total investment capital is lower than VND 30 billion.
- The Provincial People's Committee arranges investment location for projects of which the total investment capital is more than VND 30 billion.
Requirement for Environment Protection:
+ Project of building Industrial Complex infrastructure: Report on assessment of environment effect is required.
+ Project of industrial production: Follow the Law on Environment Protection of Viet Nam.
Body receiving document: Planning and Investment Department.
Issue Duration: 50 years
Licensing authority: The People's Committee of Lam Dong Province