THE SPECIALIZED AGENCY OF THE PEOPLE'S COMMITTEE OF LAM DONG PROVINCE
Department of Science and Technology of Lam Dong Province
Address: 36 Tran Phu Street - Da Lat City - Lam Dong Province.
II. Department's leaders
III. Position and Functions
1. Department of Science and Technology is an agency directly belonging to the provincial People’s Committee. Its functions include state management of all activities related to science and technology, such as: activities of science and technology; development of scientific and technological potentials; quality test standard; intellectual property rights; radiation application; radiation and nuclear safety; public services within the department’s capabilities.
2. Department of Science and Technology has its own legal entity, its own seal and bank account; is under the administration of the provincial People’s Committee on organization, personnel and activities; at the same time, is under the administration, guidance, inspection and examination of the Ministry of Science and Technology.
IV. Duties And Powers
1. Submitting to the Provincial People’s Committee to issue
- Decisions, instructions; general planning, strategic planning for 5-year and annual scientific and technological development of the province; programs, methodology for implementing administration reform activities in science and technology under the department’s responsibilities, and under the department’s duties as assigned.
- Mechanism, policies and methodologies to promote the scientific research and technological development, technological transfer, development of technological market, effective usage of technological application.
- Decisions on regulating functions, responsibilities and authorities of Branch; decisions on establishment and regulations on structure and activities of Fund for development of science and technology.
- Regulations on title for head or vice head of divisions under the department; regulations on professional aspects related to the leaders’ titles, managers of science and technology under the Division of Economics or Division of Science and Technology of district’s People's Committee Office.
- Perform estimates of annual state budget for science and technology of the province, based on the summary of all budget estimates of related departments, agencies, district People's Committee.
2. Submit to Chairman of the People’s Committee to issue
- Decision for establishment, merger, separation, re-organization, dissolution of units within the Department under the legal regulations; establishment of science and technology council of the province as regulated in Law on Science and Technology and as instructed by Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Decision, instructions and other documents related to the department’s state management responsibility under the issuance capacity of the Chairman.
3. Instruct, examine, implement, inform, publicize
Instruct, examine, and implement legal documents, plans, programs, projects, mechanism, policies; inform, publicize law on science and technology; instruct related departments, agencies, district People's Committee, organizations on management.
4. Examine, supervise the usage of state budget
Examine, supervise the usage of state budget on science and technology following the regulations of Law on State Budget.
5. Management of issuance, alteration, withdrawal, extension of licenses, certificates, registrations
Management of issuance, alteration, withdrawal, extension of licenses, certificates, registrations within the department’s state management capability, or as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
6. Activities of science and technology, development of scientific and technological potentials
- Select, screen, assess and check responsibilities of science and technology; enhance the application, announce and publicize scientific results and other related activities; manage key duties related to science and technology of the province; coordinate with other departments, agencies to implement state-level duties related to science and technology.
- Instruct, examine the privatization process of scientific and technological organizations, the establishment and development of scientific and technological enterprises; instruct organizations and individuals working in science and technology field; assist organizations and individuals in renovating science and technology, improving techniques, production methods and other activities in manufacturing and business.
- Instruct and examine the activities of technological transfer in the province, include: technological transfer, consultancy, assessment and supervision of technology; check and take over technology of investment projects; check the content of science and technology of the socio-economic development plans of the province.
- Organize the registration and examine the activities of organizations working in science and technology field; certify scientific and technological organizations following legal regulations.
- Implement mechanism, policies on making use of human resources in science and technology; provide annual training for local management staff in science and technology.
- Inform, publicize; make statistical summary of science and technology activities, and development of technology market; instruct activities of service providers in science and technology; develop infrastructure for information, scientific statistics; organize science and technology fairs, exhibitions; develop database on human resource, scientific and technological achievements; invest to develop science and technology network connecting province to central government; implement the registration and storage of scientific and technological research and results.
- Lead and collaborate with other departments, agencies and related enterprises to implement the mechanism of investment budget for scientific and technological development.
- Collaborate with other departments, agencies and related enterprises to propose list of duties related to science and technology of state level for the socio-development of province; propose investment projects to develop scientific and technological potentials, and implement these projects after they are approved by authorized agencies.
- Act as standing member in the Council of Science and Technology of the provincial People's Committee.
7. Intellectual property rights
- Implement measures to protect intellectual property rights, and to promote initiatives to renovate technology, production methods; instruct other organizations and individuals how to protect intellectual property rights.
- Implement measures to protect legal rights of state, organizations, individuals related to science and technology.
- Lead and collaborate with other departments, agencies to solve disputes and violations in intellectual property rights.
- Collaborate with the Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Department of Information and Communications, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to implement the state management responsibilities of intellectual property rights.
8. Standard, measurement, quality
- Develop and take part in developing technological standard for the province.
- Publicize national technological standard, local standard, and other important international, foreign standards; instruct organizations and individuals to build fundamental technological standard.
- Manage, instruct organizations and individuals to publicize technological standard applied for their products, goods, services, process and environment.
- Receive reports of organizations, individuals registered to conduct business activities in the province; receive reports of assigned tasks and duties to report to provincial People’s Committee and Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Inform and answer questions on standard, measurement and quality related to technology in the province.
- Check and standardize measurement as requested by the local authorities; check and standardize measurement of assigned areas.
- Check measurement method and sealed goods; implement measures for organizations and individuals to check measurement method.
- Conduct test as requested by the state management on product’s quality in the province.
- Lead and collaborate with related departments, agencies to check goods’ labels, product’s quality, imported and exported goods.
9. Radiation application, radiation and nuclear safety
a. Application of radiation:
- Implement programs, projects and measures to promote application of radiation for socio-economic development; implement activities related to application of radiation in the local industries.
- Manage activities related to radiation in the province.
- Implement industrial services related to application of radiation
- Call for registration of assistant services for application of nuclear power as assigned by authorized state agencies.
b. Radiation and nuclear safety:
- Call for registration of radiation and nuclear safety under the legal regulations or as assigned by the provincial People’s Committee.
- Manage the statistics and summary of radiation sources in the province under legal regulations.
- Examine and solve problems related to radiation and nuclear in the province.
- Build and link with national database on safety management of radiation and nuclear in the province.
10. Public services
- Instruct organizations to implement public services in science and technology in the province.
- Implement regulations on industrial and technological procedures and quotas for activities related to public services in science and technology.
- Instruct and facilitate organizations to implement public services in science and technology.
11. Assist the provincial People’s Committee
State management of collective businesses, private businesses; instruct and examine activities of groups, non-governmental organizations working in science and technology field under legal regualtions.
12. International Cooperation
International cooperation within the aspect of science and technology according to the legal regulations and as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
13. Research, application of scientific achievements
Conduct research, apply scientific and technological achievements; build information and storage system to assist the state management of science and technology.
14. Inspect, examine, solve disputes, complains, anti-corruption, anti-wasting
Inspect, examine, solve disputes, complains, violation in science and technology; anti-corruption; practice economical activities, anti-wasting in industry and trade according to legal regulations or as authorized by the provincial People's Committee.
15. Regulations on functions, responsibilities, authorities, organization structure, personnel management, policy implementation
Regulations on functions, responsibilities and business relations among different units within the department; personnel management, implementation of salary policy, training, reward, punishment.
16. Management of finance and assets
Management of finance and assets according to legal regulations, and as assigned by the provincial People's Committee.
17. Inform and report
Inform and report periodically or unscheduled on the implementation of regulations set by the provincial People's Committee and the Ministry of Science and Technology.
Implement other responsibilities as assigned by the provincial People's Committee and law.
V. Director and Vice-Directors of Department
1. Department of Science and Technology has Director and no more than 03 Deputy Director.
2. Director is the head leader, responsible in front of the provincial People's Committee, Chairman and law for the department’s activities; responsible for reporting to the People’s Council, People's Committee and Ministry of Science and Technology
3. Deputy Director is an assistant to Director, responsible in front of Director for assigned tasks; in case of Director’s absence, one deputy is granted authority to manage the department’s activities.
4. Appointment and re-appointment of Director and Deputy Director is decided by Chairman of the provincial People's Committee according to regulations and state law on personnel and according to professional standard set by the Ministry of Science and Technology. Any appointment, transfer, reward, discipline, dismiss, retirement and other policies related to Director and Deputy Director are implemented by the department according to legal regulations.